Tuesday, January 10, 2017

And this is why you must pay attention at all times - and other notes for Tuesday

If this week has taught us nothing else, it's that you have to pay attention to your roster at all times before lock.  Especially with the illness that is running am-muck through the NBA.

I set my roster up tonight, locked it into the $4 Draft Kings tournament along with a few 50/50's and headed out to bowling.

About 7:45pm I decided to check out the updates and see how my teams were starting, only to see that Nikola Mirotic had been scratched.

I missed cashing by less than 10 pts.

Lesson learned.  ALWAYS find a way to check your  roster before the locks occur.  Otherwise you lose all rights to be upset when things don't fall your way!!

Speaking of the Bulls, what exactly is going on with Doug McDermott?   I understand that he doesn't exactly have the best skill set in the game, but he has always found ways to score the ball when given the chance.

Tonight, with Butler, Wade and Mirotic out, this seemed like a dream spot for McDermott and instead he finds a way to get into early foul trouble and scores single digit points  ... again.

I will surely be fading him until he figures out a way to get his shot back.

Also, Rondo goes Rondo in the first half.   That guy may not be a good real-world NBA player, but man does he have some great Fantasy upside!

Other disappointments on Tuesday's slate for me:

Mason Plumlee - had been crushing value of late and tonight put up a semi-dud with just 25.  Facing a Lakers front court that has had a hard time stopping bigs lately, I had very high hopes for Plumlee in this spot and am stunned he put up anything short of 35.

Goran Dragic - I guess I shouldn't be too surprised when any Heat player under preforms right now, as they have  the majority of their guys healthy, so there  just isn't enough touches to go around.  Steph Curry isn't exactly knows as a shut down defender, so I expected Dragic to thrive in this up tempo matchup.  Again, 27 could've been a lot worse, but at his current price, we need more  out of Goran to justify a spot  in the lineup.

Reggie Jackson: He was due a bit of a struggle, I just didn't expect it to be vs the Kings on Tuesday.  I can look past this one though as he has been lights out recently and we can forgive one off(ish) evening.

Overall it wasn't a great night but wasn't awful either.  Again on DK I managed to have several teams between 265 and 299.  I have to figure out how to get into the 320+ realm if I expect to start hitting big spots in tournaments.

More to learn, every day.  It's a work in progress.

No comments: